My Parents

I haven't let myself really think about my parents leaving for 3 years to serve as Mission Presidents but time is up and I can't put it off any longer. I couldn't have asked for better parents. They have always been there for me and have created so many amazing opportunities and experiences for me in my life. I have begun to realize just how significantly they have shaped who I am and I am sure that as I continue on with my life I will realize even more how profoundly they have effected my life. There are not words to express my gratitude and love towards them.
My Mom through her quiet acts of kindness has helped foster in me a love for people. She was not happy at first when they were called to serve this mission, but what a transformation she has gone through. It has been such a testimony builder to me to watch her prepare herself and to watch her love for our Savior and our Father in Heaven take top priority in her life, even over her grandkids.
My Dad has taught me more than he will ever know. I have been privileged to observe him in so many different situations and he has amazed me time and time again. He is a man of integrity and his compassion for others is contagious. I strive each day to live up to his example of being a great father and a great man.
I will miss my parents so much while they are gone, but I have never been more proud of them and I know that they will raise the bar for mission presidents around the world.
Thank you for all of the experiences, opportunities, challenges, and most importantly for your love. We love you and can't wait to hear about all of your amazing adventures in Pittsburgh.
2 comments:
That was so sweet Greg. I should have checked your site later, because it's too early to cry this morning.
What a wonderful tribute.
Post a Comment