Monday, December 28, 2009

Being Consistent

In my quest for increased spirituality I've decided that I need to be more diligent about reading the conferences talks. This past week I read through Elder Bednar's talk from this last conference titled "More Diligent and Concerned at Home".   The part of the talk that really impacted me was the message of being consistent. It seems like whether it be meaningful prayer, scripture study, or family home evening I  start out good and then it fizzles off. Too often even setting specific times for these events fails because of homework, basketball or soccer games, life in general, and the most common excuse exhaustion. But those really aren't good excuses and will get me nowhere in a debate with Heavenly Father. My goal then is to be more consistent in meaningful daily prayer, scripture study, and weekly family home evening in order to increase my spirituality.

2 comments:

brooke December 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Good point. I'm laughing thinking of you at the Judgement bar telling Heavenly Father you couldn't do family prayer because you and Andrea were exhausted! In the back of my mind, I somehow always think Heavenly Father will understand. He knows how hard little kids are...but I should try a little harder.

Anonymous December 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I have awesome intentions but I am horrible on the follow through!! THanks for the reminder!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP