Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Net Nanny


Most of you know that my boys are obsessed, and maybe the word obsessed is a little bit of an understatement but there are no other words to describe it, with electronic games.  The Nintendo DS usually only last a few days before we have to physically pry them out of their hands and hide them somewhere where they won't be found by two very curious boys.  So when the DSs go away they tend to migrate back to the computers.  They can go to the computer, bring up the internet, find their favorite games and they start playing away.  From those websites they can link to other inappropriate websites.  It is pretty disappointing that these sites are games for kids but also have links to inappropriate sites.   Anyway we found a great product that helps block such sites, Net Nanny.

It was super easy to download, only cost about $30 and really does block inappropriate sites.  I got on google and typed in all sorts of "naughty" words and all of the sudden they weren't found on the internet anymore.  I was amazed that all of the sudden there wasn't anymore nudity on the internet, who knew.  I would recommend this product to anyone with curious kids on the internet! 

3 comments:

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

I have this and love it. Try zoobuh for a good kid safe email address too.

brooke October 28, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

good to know!

Jaime October 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Come on Greg...tell the truth. Did Andrea have to buy this for you because you are always typing in those naughty words on google? Just kidding! Great idea, I am getting it!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP