Friday, November 14, 2008

The Negotiator

I spent the day taking care of the kids and I decided that my wife really isn't a stay at home mom, she's an expert negotiator.  I spent my day negotiating how many bites we were going to eat for breakfast, the amount of shampoo we were going to use on our hair, when exactly we were going to get in the car, movie night could happen if we cleaned up the basement, if homework gets finished then we could go to Blockbuster and rent a movie, and the lists goes on and on. 


I think our biggest negotiation of the day was trying to get them to wear a golf shirt.  They have this thing against golf shirts I am not quite sure where it came from.  We finally compromised on a long sleeve t-shirt with a golf shirt over the top, that way be both got what we wanted. 

At the end of the day I feel like we had some healthy negotiations, I gave a little they gave a little and we accomplished a lot in a day.   If only Congress were that effective!

5 comments:

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Amen Brother!!

Laura November 14, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Maybe the two day course Merck gave me on negotiations will come in handy soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Allison and Nathan November 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

Andrea told me about the golf shirt thing. Kids are hilarious!

Jaime November 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

So, we have the same "golf" shirt issues. Ethan has something against shirts with collars. i don't know why, it is strange. If it has a collar he refuses to wear it and them the negotiating begins... I feel your pain!

natalie November 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

I need to be better at negotiating. I usually loose and therefore my kids never learn anything. I love at the end where you put they gave a little and I gave a little. Really I think that's totally fair. I bet you're a great dad!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP