Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just A Guy On The Sideline

Today I came home from work, had something to eat and then packed the kids in the car to go to Will's basketball game. It is difficult to find the words to describe the joy I felt as I watched my son play.  But I think I might have actually felt even more joy watching some other dad coach. It is a whole different world being just a guy on the sideline. I must say that I am really enjoying retirement from coaching and I think I am going to stick with it.

5 comments:

brooke December 15, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

You are too good of a coach to stick with it for long.

Anonymous December 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Amen Brother, Amen!!!!

Sara December 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Funny! I think I'm with you on this one, although we have yet to enter the world of little league sports.

Laura December 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

It's always nice not to be charge.

Allison and Nathan December 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Nathan isn't the coach of Elliot's besket ball team. But, I've been noticing that Elliot's teammates are responding more to the instructions that Nathan is shouting out to them - probably because the actual coach just sits there, not saying a word. Kinda like coaching by proxy!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP