Saturday, September 4, 2010

A House Update

We started the whole process back in early Spring of this year. We have finally finished the reno! We still have some art and accessories to add but here is the big reveal. 

Here is a shot of the living room/dining room. This used to just be a large living room with a large opening into the dining room (where the door is now). We closed off the room with the door, kept glass in the door to let light through, and then we divided the room up to be a living room dining room combo. It feels so much better than it did as just a large, odd shaped living room. 

This room is still a work in progress. Someday the purple couch will be replaced with a sleek white leather modern sectional, a cowhide run, and glass or marble coffee table. 
Someday could be a loneg time away!


We found this amazing table on KSL that fits in the room like a glove. When we can finally purchase some chairs we will be able to seat 10-12 people around the table.  


We used to have this light hanging in our bedroom but it works for now over the new table. The mirror also used to be in the old dining room and now has been moved to the new dining room. If you purchase good pieces you can reuse them in different rooms. 



We purchased these retro chairs from a friend and had them recovered. The total cost was way less than what they would have cost to purchase them new. 


Here is our new homework station/office. The cabinets are awesome, tons of storage
 for all of the kids homework, crafts, and JUNK.






We purchased these words and letters from different stores and then painted them to create this collage of words. Turned out pretty good if I am allowed to say so. 



Ann came up with this great collage of pictures to put over our mantle.  Most of these frames we purchased from the DI and other thrift stores and then just spray painted them. We have had these art pieces in different rooms of the house. It is always nice to change your pictures up to give your house a whole new look and feel, plus it is cheap that way! 

12 comments:

Sheri September 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Since I live 4 hours away, asking permission to copy your words wall...if I should be so lucky to come across them :)

Sheri September 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Oh...and I want a pic of the bedroom chandelier too :) Nosy me!

Sara September 4, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

I love it!

brooke September 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

It is all so beautiful. You and Andrea have the best taste. It is even better in real life.

Julie Pia September 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

LOVE IT ALL!!!!!! Great job you two.

Sandy and Spence September 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Hey, do you hire out? SO innovative and fun....love the punch of color here and there!

Reeses Pieces September 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Looks great. I love how modern, clean, and retro it looks.

Jen F September 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

it looks so good !!! you guys do amazing things. I love it :) that will be so nice for you guys.

Anonymous September 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

It turned out amazing! Remember when you and Andrea came to my house and organized for me.
I NEED YOU BACK!!

Staci Kramer September 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

You guys are like the super stylish couple that we all wish we could be like. I would love to have you guys fix up a house for me and then I could be cool like you! I have offered my Abe up for arranged marriage before, but I'm just letting you know the offer still stands. So far he's looking like he'll be a catch, and I know that Claire and Abe would have the prettiest blue eyed babies around.

Jill-Marie September 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Can I hire you guys to come decorate my house?!

Love it - great job!

Laura September 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

I love it. You guys have such a great eye(s).

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP