Monday, January 5, 2009

Goals for 2009



Since it's the new year I guess it is time for 2009 goals. I wonder if the fish ever thought of what he was going to do once he got out of the bowl! Just a thought.

1. Become a Master at the XBox - the boys got an XBox for Christmas and as I continue to aspire to be the coolest dad ever I figure now my pursuit will have to be in mastering the XBox. My first challenge will be Star Wars and then Madagascar. Why these games you ask? Because they are the only two games we own!

2. Gain Weight - I have been diligent at working out this last year and have yet to gain any muscle. I have now become an avid consumer of protein drinks and vow to gain "muscle weight" in 09'.

3. Learn to Ride a Bike - I of course know how to ride a bikd but need to teach Will, and probably Max, how to ride bikes without training wheels so they can keep up with the kids in the neighborhood. I should have done it last year but I neglected my duties.

4. Get Back to the Home Country - I have a trip planned in May to return to Peru with Eagle Condor Humanitarian to do some humanitarian work in my homeland. It will be so great to reconnect with my Peruvian friends and eat some authentic cheviche again.

5. Read a Book - If you know me you know that I don't read. I know how to read I just don't read books. My goal this year is to actually read ONE book. You might say that I should increase the number of books, but remember goals need to be attainable.

6. Become More Green - I have bought in to the Green Movement and I am ready to bust out the compost pile, convert my home to solar power, wear only recycled clothing, and convert my Yukon to natural gas. I'm actually not ready to go to all of those lengths, maybe someday, but for now I committ to use a reusable H2O bottle instead of continuing to discard plastic ones.

Good luck with your goals for 09'



7 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

You go brother and I have some weight you can have for free.

brooke January 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Great goals. My only goal for 09 is to cover stuff in the microwave.

Reeses Pieces January 6, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Wish I could say Gain Weight was one of my goals. However, reading a book is. I suck at reading books. Does People Magazine count???

Krissy January 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

You exhaust me!

Sara January 6, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

I love your weight gain goal. I set the bar pretty low on my goals this year so I won't disappoint myself. I figure it's better than not setting any goals at all.

Amy M. January 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

You need to borrow Nic's little bike. We used it for Sam and he learned super quickly. It's for sure the key.

Allison and Nathan January 19, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

I think you're the only person that has a resolution that involves GAINING weight - hey, except for me! I'm going to do the P90X program and get ripped in 90 days! HA HA

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP